Saturday, August 30, 2008

Last Few Days of August

After putting so much effort in the past 30 days, finally the month of August has almost ended.

Final Exams of the Sem ended... Closing of the months business sales also was yesterday.

The final day of sales (Friday - 29th August) was really an exciting one. The previous day my sales was still trilling at 95 %, it could be easily be a case of so near yet so far. Like what happened last month.

Friday was reallly havoc for the whole sales team. Those that had achieved their target like my boss - Daryl could take it easy. August happens to be the month with the Highest Sales Target withing the whole year. Everybody struggling & striving their level best to try to bring in the remaining % in order to hit target.

The atmosphere was one of high tension. Everybody were on the phone, typing emails & checking for faxes. Every minute - every second counted. One could compared the office floor like a Brusa Malaysia where the shares were traded.

As for me, I was busy following up with customer. Chasing for pending payment, trying to make sure that advertisment were done on time. So rushing till no time to drink water & use the toilet. Things seemed to be OK after lunch. Guess what ?! My sales started coming in - & in & in & in.

Gosh - really amazed by how it actually happen. The undescripable feeling - feeling of happiness & estasy & excitement. I hit my target - wanted to celebrate & shout but restained so as to be considerate for the others who were still strugling.

In the meantime, our team was also neck to neck with Penang team in a competition. Stakes were really high - it was a competition of the higest percentage achieve as a group. We had 12 members in our team, Penang 5. Everybody kept on 'pumping' their sales in - the figures kept changing every 15 minute. It was Penang leading for a moment, we catched up & at some point of time - at par with each other.

Those moments were really 'gan zhiong' to the max. In the end - I also could not believe myself - I managed to put in 30% of my monthly sales target in a day ??!! But, the best thing that happened is that we managed to overtake the Penang team by a niche margin of 1.12%...

However, the month has not ended & I bet the whole team will keep our fingers cross & pray that our efforts do win us the competition.

1 comment:

Yappy said...

cool men! bursa saham ! whahaha... my work is "bargaining" with staff. so, like wet market! lelong, lelong, sepuluh ringgit sepuluh ringgit! hahaahhaha.... bcoz staff havin fight

To My Readers :

Running short of time...I need a "life's" checklist !!