Sunday, June 1, 2008

Outlook of matters...

During the weekends, went hang out with some of my brothers frenz at Bangsar .
We were talking bout current developments in the life. Everyone seemed to be doing very well. At a certain point, we talked bout career & salaries.

Oh my, all of them were earning alot !!! All of the sudden, I felt so insignificant so ashamed of myself .

Joshua (23) - Programmer at DIGI - paid RM 500 + for 8 hours of OvT.
Brandon(24) - Asst Mngr at HSBC - basic earning - RM5.5 K,
Tan(21) - Tele-Collector - 2 yrs older than me, just got his new VIOS ( on installment of course )

I felt so useless as what I am earning would be no where near them. I felt the pressure. I asked myself, ' What is wrong with me ? ' ' Am i not as good as them ? '

After a while I realized that in life - there is alwiz 2 kinds of outlook when looking at things.
Its something like this, we can look at others with envy - others better than us; But have we ever compare ourselves with those less fortunate & say to ourselves 'How lucky I am !! '

Our outlook towards things really can affect our mood & happiness.

Lesson drawn from this - In some point of life, comparison is good as we will strive to improve. However, being contented & appreciative for what we already have is more important.

The fact is - we might compare ourselves with others but each of us possess a measure of valuable things.

These would include a our health & strength, inborn mental abilities & gift/talents or financial resources.

Rather than being dissatisfied with what we don't have, shouldn't we think how lucky we really & proud for who we are ?

No comments:

To My Readers :

Running short of time...I need a "life's" checklist !!