Thursday, June 12, 2008

11 June 2008

It’s a Wednesday morning…. 8.30… Oh no… why did I not heard my phone’s alarm ring... !!!


Set the alarm at 7.40 yesterday nite… I woke up when the first call sounded… I guess I snooze it 1 too many times.


Anyway… there I was going thru the whole routine. Wash up + shower(quick one) – got dressed up & off I was – walking really swift… darn…. Just miss the monorail by 3 sec. Thank goodness the monorail comes every 5 min. (not like KTM)


At last… reached my office… I was 8 minutes late…. (A-G-A-I-N).


9.00 AM – ‘ Daniel ! In the room please – ‘ Daryl my boss said.

There were only 2 things going thru my mind

– 1.Punctuality 2. My Appraisal. Oh no... I going to be screwed this time.

* For those dun know – I am doing telemarketing & my employment is on a contract basis subjected to review every 6 months. Appraisal is done my bosses by evaluating my performance & discipline as a whole.


To summarize what transpired during that 1 to 1 meeting… I was definitely warned bout my punctuality & how this was not the first time, then the it went to the issue of my appraise/renewal of contract. Boss (STM) said that he had spoken to my big boss(RSM) regarding my renewal.


But RSM said they would have to re-consider as I was constantly going gainst the company’s rules & my punctuality sucks…


Of course my Boss did share some thoughts on how he thinks I was…. & he was true… I still have much more to learn. My way to approaching matters still immature – too outspoken, MOODY… Over confident….


But, Thank You boss… at least you informed me… I shall make changes…

No comments:

To My Readers :

Running short of time...I need a "life's" checklist !!